Verna’s Smith Famous Banana Pudding
- 2 bags of wafers
- ½ gallon of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- Box of instant vanilla pudding
- Box of instant french vanilla pudding
- (16oz) container of cool whip
- 1 can of sweet condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add milk and both instant pudding mixes, and mix until smooth.
- Add in cool whip and mix until smooth (leave a little bit of cool whip for the top layer of the pudding).
- Add in the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until blended and smooth.
- Lay wafers at the bottom of the baking pan until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Cut up the bananas and layer them on top of the wafers until covered.
- Pour a layer of the pudding mix on top until the banana layer is covered.
- Repeat the layering steps (steps 4-6) until the pan is full.
- Add cool whip on top and let chill in the refrigerator for 45 min.
- Time to eat!
Charlie Hooper’s Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 6 eggs
- ½ pint whipping cream
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each.
- Add cake flour slowly, add whipping cream, add vanilla flavor, and mix well.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1hr 45mins. Do not preheat oven.
Bobbie’s Chicken Casserole
- Meat from 1 chicken (cooked)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1 8oz carton sour cream
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- Break meat from chicken in pieces.
- Mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream together.
- Add chicken and pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed cracker crumbs on top of chicken mixture. Drizzle melted butter over cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 mins. Do not cover while baking. Delicious served with rice.
Bobbie’s Famous Apple Enchiladas
- 1 can of apple filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of butter or margarine
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of water
- Mix all ingredients together and boil for 3 mins.
- Fill tortillas with pie filling and roll as for enchiladas.
- Put in dish and pour on hot syrup. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
Carol’s Famous Orange Jello Salad
- instant orange jello mix
- 12oz of cool whip
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits
- 1 can of mandarin oranges
- Mix jello and cool whip together until well blended.
- Add 1 can of drained pineapples and 1 can of drained mandarin oranges. Mix all together until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours until ready to serve.
- Serve with pecans and coconut.